Dating Advice, the Dating Don’ts – Things To Avoid When Dating
- Talk about yourself all night – this will eventually provoke yawns – boredom that is, not lack of air or tiredness.
- Be late. Punctuality is a virtue – especially when you are the one kept waiting.
- Talk about your ex(s) or how many dates you have met; are about to meet; hope to meet – never, never, never! This is boring, insulting to your date and will kill the conversation stone dead. You may as well walk away – YOU HAVE BLOWN IT!
- Eat with your mouth open. Ugh! Disgusting. Your date has already seen your choice of menu in a far more appealing and presentable state.
- Try to be something you are not. I know this has already been covered but it really is important – your date will see through you.
- Show disrespect for your partner or their beliefs. You wouldn’t like it – don’t do it to others.
- Forget to thank them for the date. Basic good manners but surprisingly, many who are otherwise articulate and educated seem to overlook this under worked but essential little phrase.
- Propose marriage or kids. This comes under the heading of verbal diarrhoea and will guarantee your date will finish a mile in record time – away from you that is!
- If you are a smoker, check first that your date does not mind if you smoke and be polite – do not blow smoke in their face.
- Don’t ask too many personal questions – this will come across as an interrogation and will make your date feel as though they are at a job interview.
- Don’t accept a lift to or from your chosen venue. We can’t stress this enough – basic safety again and do not give out your e-mail, home address, telephone number or work address until you are confident about your date.
- Flash your cash and splash out on a fancy dinner. This will make your date feel uneasy – out to impress but with nothing to back it up. Go easy and work up to this gradually.
- Don’t take your children along to the date – common sense???
- Don’t rush the date. I know we have advised keeping the first date to about an hour but there is no need to use a stop watch. If the meeting is going well – then keep going.
- If you need to leave, work up to it gently and politely – don’t just suddenly make an excuse about a pre-arranged business meeting or a previous arrangement with a friend. This will make your date feel that they have been ‘slotted in’ at the last minute and that meeting them is not important.
- Never use mobile phones during a date – switch them off! It really is rude to take calls on your mobile whilst with a date – again – how would you feel?
- Don’t ever just get up and leave your date- this reflects badly on you and makes them feel that they probably had a lucky escape. Gentlemen, always offer to escort the lady back to her car; train, bus or chosen mode of transport.
- Don’t wear white socks unless your date is for a game of tennis, badminton or a run to keep fit. Your appearance, grooming and choice of outfit is the image your date will take away with them
We look forward to hearing from you. Call today on 01618723900.